Is the registration of LANGUAGE SUBTAG REGISTRATION FORM(ca-valencia)

CE Whitehead cewcathar at hotmail.com
Thu Mar 8 17:34:30 CET 2007

Hi, thanks for the link,
http://ltru.generic-nic.net/registries.html

Then the long ago requested subtags that are not yet there
are:

(1)

Reshat's orthography variant subtag for Tatar and related languages

(we are still waiting for him to decide on nta1926 of baku1926;
I and others also suggested
uta1926  or even nuta1926 (new universal Turkic alphabet which was one of
the names I saw online;
I only suggested baku1926 because all the other options here now--all
acronyms actually--are based on English; janalif , the local name, was not
possible as several related languages all used the same orthography, so
because of politics the word used in one of those languages would not do)

I suggest we wait for Reshat's decision till Tuesday of next week or so; he
seems to want to leave it to us;
I am hoping he will have a decision;
if not I suppose we can pick the one he originally provided as an option--

nta1926

(if that is o.k. with everyone);

and (2) my French historical variant subtags

(acad1694 or 17siecle; and nict1606 or 16siecle; I still prefer the latter
siecle tags  with the dictionaries identified the dictionary in the
comments!  But I want the 16siecle tag to be only loosely tied to Nicot
1606; I prefer it include variants also such as 'aultre' and 'aulcune')

which I do not understand the great opposition here to as you all have tags
for the OED;

but in any case,

I'm assuming those have been decided against;
if so I need to make an appeal through the appeals process.

Thanks.

--C. E. Whitehead
cewcathar at hotmail.com

(P.S.  I am sorry I have not been attentive to the list lately;
as it's a volunteer thing and I am finishing up a bunch of different things
this month,
as this month is sort of a deadline month for me,
I have not given it much time;
in any case, I requested twice--almost a week ago-- that the list go to my
new address
cewcathar at yahoo.com
as I am having problems managing my hotmail email;
I can no longer have it sorted different ways and it is all in by date;
and the links to sort it are broken--
actually my hotmail account has been a thorn in my side since I got it,
but by the time I realized I needed something elsewhere I had so much stuff
filed in it!

So I am hoping that by the time I get back to the list
maybe the list will be going to my new email)