[OT] Converting non-ASCII to ASCII

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Mon Jun 25 21:46:40 CEST 2007

On Mon, Jun 25, 2007 at 11:22:04AM -0400,
 CE Whitehead <cewcathar at hotmail.com> wrote
 a message of 65 lines which said:

> I feel that an ideal registry would include the escape sequences
> [...], the transliterations, and the utf-8 characters

Anyway, this is a job for the LTRU working group.

But an important thing to consider is the work it means for the
maintainer / reviewer /etc.

Specially, having escape sequences (&#NNN;) *plus* the UTF-8 is
questionable since it is trivial to produce one from the other,
automatically (transliterations are a different thing).

http://www.langtag.net/registries.html