Plans for www.langtag.net

Stephane Bortzmeyer bortzmeyer at nic.fr
Mon Jun 11 09:36:25 CEST 2007

You may remember the discussion on the LTRU and IETF-languages mailing
lists about marketing the standard, having a Web site and so on. At
this time, I had set up a small site http://ltru.generic-nic.net/ to
show what could be done.

Now, I'm decided to go a step further and I purchased langtag.net for
that purpose (and I am of course ready to transfer it for free to any
other holder, should the community think it is better.)

I would like http://www.langtag.net/ to be "blessed" as a reference
Web site for the language tag activity at IETF.

The difference between the old site and the new one are:

* a better domain name :-)

* a bit more content (such as the syndication feed for the registry),

* the ability to give write-access to people other than me.