Variant tags for sl-rozaj: History and preliminaries

Doug Ewell dewell at roadrunner.com
Sat Jun 9 22:46:35 CEST 2007

Han Steenwijk <han dot steenwijk at unipd dot it> wrote:

> Faced with this position I will not further insist on handing in a request
> at ISO 639-3 for a primary language tag for Resian. Standards should have
> wide support in order to be functional and this wide support is not
> guaranteed at the moment. To be sure, I am not completely isolated and
> there are fellow scholars who support the request, but consensus is not
> within reach.

I appreciate Professor Steenwijk's thorough and patient efforts to follow
the process, first going to ISO 639 with his requests, then coming back here
when the desired result was not achievable.

> I now intend to submit a series of new proposals for variant tags to be
> used with the prefix 'sl-rozaj'.

If you can provide the additional reference information specified in Section
3.5 of RFC 4646 for *each* dialect or variation:

>   5. Reference to published description
>      of the language (book or article):
>   6. Any other relevant information:

then I am willing to help formulate these requests into registration forms.

http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/