Suppress-Script for Korean?

Harald Tveit Alvestrand harald at alvestrand.no
Tue Jul 24 21:29:04 CEST 2007

--On 24. juli 2007 10:21 -0700 Randy Presuhn <randy_presuhn at mindspring.com>
wrote:

> I think "Kore" is the appropriate choice for suppression.  In the
> abstract, this might seem odd because the "Hang" is a proper subset of
> "Kore."

You tickle my curiosity....

where is it stated, authoritatively, that "Hang" is a proper subset of
"Kore"?
It seems to me that to make that statement, it would either have to be a
stated property of "Kore", or there exists some listing of which characters
go into "Hang" and "Kore", and one can verify by inspection that it is a
subset.

Since I've been bemoaning the lack of lists of which characters a given
script contains in other contexts (even while I was acknowledging that
making such lists is a hard and extremely painful task), any hint that such
lists may exist for a script tickles my curiosity.

              Harald