Proposal to add "Kore' as Suppress-Script for 'ko'

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Tue Jul 10 18:31:33 CEST 2007

Doug Ewell scripsit:

> I keep wondering about the phrase "almost entirely phased out of daily
> use in North Korea."  Elsewhere it is written that the DPRK government
> banned Hanja altogether, which is quite different.

My understanding was that they ceased to be taught in schools, but then
were restored to the curriculum.

Korean is also the official language of the Korean (or Chao2xian3zu2)
minority in China.  I haven't been able to find out how these people write
Korean, which is co-official with Chinese in the Korean-speaking region.

--
John Cowan   cowan at ccil.org    http://ccil.org/~cowan
I am he that buries his friends alive and drowns them and draws them