ADMIN: Civility and on-topic, please! (Re: The limit of language codes)

Marion Gunn mgunn at egt.ie
Thu Feb 22 16:24:39 CET 2007

On 22 Feb 2007, at 13:52, scríobh Stephane Bortzmeyer:
> It is not the IETF who decided to create the Top-Level Domain ".uk"
> (violating ISO 3166-1), it is IANA (Jon Postel) and it is not the IETF
> which maintains it, it is the IANA (ICANN)....

I am fully aware of that, Stephane: I _do_ support Jan Postel, IANA
and ICANN on that very specific  point, which I re-affirm, with
apologies to Harald, because I promised not to post again to his list
re that (which promise I trust is not being violated by my responding
to Stephane only to affirm just what he says below) and wishing only
to help get this list back on topic, as requested.

With best wishes,
mg

- -
Marion Gunn * EGTeo (Estab.1991)