The limit of language codes

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Tue Feb 20 17:53:52 CET 2007

Ciarán Ó Duibhín scripsit:

> I think it is true of the other Celtic languages also, that none has a
> distinct form in the United Kingdom, as opposed to elsewhere

cy-gb and cy-ar are distinct enough IMHO to warrant separate tags:
the latter has many Spanish loanwords, fewer English loanwords, and
a distinctly different accent, all of which can impede communication.

--
John Cowan  cowan at ccil.org   ccil.org/~cowan
Dievas dave dantis; Dievas duos duonos          --Lithuanian proverb