Ietf-languages Digest, Vol 50, Issue 15

Debbie Garside debbie at ictmarketing.co.uk
Thu Feb 15 19:18:36 CET 2007

Lars wrote:

> Instead of further abstractions, generalizations, national
> pride and lingustic snobbery,

Did I miss something here?

 I'm asking for real examples
> where not having a standardized code for Old Czech is a real,
> practical problem.  If I see such examples, I can learn how
> codes for equally old versions of the Scandinavian languages
> could be useful.  But today I see no such uses.

I believe Anthony gave you just such an example... (Scholarly) archive and
retrieval processes.  Doesn't matter how many historical language docs are
available (or what language) if you lump (tag) them all with modern language
docs you will never find them.

Best

Debbie