Proposal for a subtag registration (fr-2004-ORTOGRAF or fr-ortograf

Mario Périard mario_periard at hotmail.com
Sat Dec 15 19:53:58 CET 2007

questions/answers:

"??  Is it Langevin's variety that is at the www.societelogique.org site:
http://www.societelogique.org/dev/contenu/?page=simple/bienvenue&langue=si"

Yes it is, but you can read an entire paragraph without seeing a difference with our 'ortograf' (.net) Langevin's ortograf. Compare yourself, 95% of a Langevin ortograf text is compatible with ortograf.net today and it will be more and more in the future.

A generic code (ortograf) would be enough for our group (ortograf.net).

ubuntu takes curently iso-639-1 and 639-2, it is written black on white: https://help.launchpad.net/FAQ/Translations

"It is generally recommended that you create a team for translations for your language. To do so, [WWW] create a team with the name "ubuntu-l10n-XX", where XX is your language [WWW] ISO 639-1 code (two letter code like "en" for English) if it exists, or [WWW] ISO 639-2 code (three-letter code) otherwise. Once you do that, [WWW] ask Translations team to set your team up for translating Ubuntu."