RE: Proposal for a subtag registration (fr-2004-ORTOGRAF or fr-ortograf ?)‏

CE Whitehead cewcathar at hotmail.com
Thu Dec 13 21:08:22 CET 2007

Hi:I still tend to support this subtag--although there actually seem to be three orthographies--but the two ones we've been concerned about are about to converge--and so this orthography will not be on a network and private use might be insufficient! It really depends for me whether there are books in this orthography or people using it;I find it quite readable in any case. I do think now that the best subtag might be periard  ortograf would be o.k. however nce the two orthographies converge--except that the alternative orthography (ortoalt ??) at the City of Montreal web site

http://ville.montreal.qc.ca/portal/page?_pageid=2496,3086502&_dad=portal&_schema=PORTAL

is apparently not going to be included in this, since it is not M. Periard's orthography. Regarding the second orthography: http://alrg.free.fr/ortograf/#tous-nos-liensEnglish translation of some of the text:'You are at the site of the movement "Ortograf-Europe" initiated by Louis Rougnon-Glasson. A very different, but nevertheless complementary politic (set of principles), is practiced by Mario Periard's movement "Ortograf-Quebec," at the URL: http://www.ortograf.net ' As I understand it from M. Periard, these two movements are in the process of converging (the main difference is in the use of special characters to represent certain sounds) ) --C. E. Whiteheadcewcathar at hotmail.com