Proposal for a subtag registration (fr-2004-ORTOGRAF or fr-ortograf ?) redone by CEW

Mario Périard mario_periard at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 12 18:29:08 CET 2007

There is a misunderstanding here. There is strictely no links between our group (ortograf.net) and the other mantioned sites written in ortograf standard. I suggest you to contact the responsables of these sites if you have any doubt. differents persons have maked differents sites for differents people and uses, in Ortograf.> From: debbie at ictmarketing.co.uk> To: ietf-languages at iana.org> Date: Wed, 12 Dec 2007 16:53:18 +0000> CC: > Subject: RE: Proposal for a subtag registration (fr-2004-ORTOGRAF or fr-ortograf ?) redone by CEW> > Michael wrote:> > > I do not agree with the tag "ortograf". "periard"> > would be acceptable, if this entity is accepted at all.> > I agree. Although I would still like to establish whether the orthography> is being used by people other than the inventor(s) and I am not sure I have> seen that yet.> > The question is, does it really matter if there is only one user, in this> case the inventor? I would also like to know what exactly RFC4646 states> with regards to dealing with these types of requests; which may become more> frequent in the future.> > Should the RFC be updated to state that, for instance, there must be a> minimum number of separate users evidenced in such requests? As LTRU are> currently updating RFC4646 this may be a good time to discuss this - over on> LTRU of course. This would certainly assist members when making decisions> on what to and what not to include within the Registry or whether we just> allow all requests. I have not cross-posted to LTRU but I am sure that> Martin or Randy will pick up on this if they deem it necessary.> > Best> > Debbie>