Proposal for a subtag registration (fr-2004-ORTOGRAF or fr-ortograf ?)

Mario Périard mario_periard at hotmail.com
Tue Dec 11 02:40:33 CET 2007

Answers to Stephane Bortzmeyer:

"It seems there is a deep misunderstanding of language tags here. "fr"
*is* a subtag, like "ortograf" or "JP" or "Cyrl" or "scotland". There
is no such thing as a "main code", in the language tag world. The
first subtag (which is not "main") is the language code and only
languages can have one, *not* orthographies."

--- Those who use traditionnal spelling don't need a new variant subtag, they use the existing 'fr'

"Who said so? Is it a rule in Gnome or KDE? If so, please provide