Proposal for a subtag registration (fr-2004-ORTOGRAF or fr-ortograf ?)

Mario Périard mario_periard at hotmail.com
Mon Dec 10 21:58:54 CET 2007

Ken  Karlsson wrote:

Not sure what you mean by "official". fr-x-ortograf (e.g.) would be a valid tag, even though ortograf is not (yet) registered. Do you mean that the content management software only accepts *registered* (not private use) subtags?
Exactly, We use Drupal which demand to make a choice of translation code among official code list, drupal php generate an HTML to  the browser with the language code chosen?

How stable is this alternate spelling? How accepted is it among the target audience? Will we see an "Ortograf mark II" in some (not overly distant) future? :
The standard Ortograf was volatile in the beginning (2004-2006)  It is stable since then. It is a "tolerant" standard. You use the letter 'q' instead the 'k', 'ê' instead of 'è', you can skeep th e mute letter 'e'... So every group I mentionned are "Ortograf compatible". The standard could evolve like any script system but minor change does not imply to have a new language subtag.

Mario Périard