On asking questions (Re: Proposal for a subtag registration (fr-2004-ORTOGRAF))

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Sat Dec 8 14:55:57 CET 2007

Michael Everson scripsit:

> I do not prefer being called by my surname alone. And the questions
> formed the objection.

Umm, you are not being *called* by your surname alone.  You are being
*referred to* (in your presence, to be sure) by your surname alone.

I used to refer to you as "ME", but I made the mistake of using
that as the object of some verb, and was widely thought to
have been saying "me" with emphasis.  Much confusion.

--
I suggest you call for help,                    John Cowan
or learn the difficult art of mud-breathing.    cowan at ccil.org
        --Great-Souled Sam                      http://www.ccil.org/~cowan