Proposal for a new variant subtag of the french language (fr)

Peter Constable petercon at microsoft.com
Thu Dec 6 23:54:21 CET 2007

Also, even if 'alt' were permitted syntactically, "alternate" is a rather generic term: potentially many different things worth registering might be considered an alternate form of something else. It would be better to have a subtag that reflects a little more specifically what it denotes, if possible.

Peter