Scottish English (was: LANGUAGE SUBTAG REGISTRATION FORM

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Mon Aug 27 01:45:11 CEST 2007

Lars Aronsson scripsit:

> Since GB is the ISO 3166-1 code for the United Kingdom, has it
> occurred that the ISO 3166-2 code GB-EDH (for Edinburgh) might be
> applicable?  I didn't see this mentioned so far, but I could have
> missed it.

*sigh*

We don't use ISO 3166-2 code elements because their form is variable,
because many of them are not publicly available, because they are
unstable, and because they are often modern and irrelevant to dialect
boundaries.

--
My corporate data's a mess!                     John Cowan
It's all semi-structured, no less.              http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
    But I'll be carefree                        cowan at ccil.org
    Using XSLT
On an XML DBMS.