[Ltru] Re: Scottish English (was: LANGUAGE SUBTAG REGISTRATION FORM)

Peter Constable petercon at microsoft.com
Thu Aug 23 00:13:44 CEST 2007

In practice, I don’t think anyone here ever replies with nothing more than “-1”. If someone disagrees, they usually try to make a case if not suggest an alternative.

“+1” is a shorthand equivalent for “I agree” or “looks good to me”. If an English speaker on this list can manage “d’accord” or something comparable in Spanish, German or Irish, surely then can manage “+1”.

Ta.

Peter