[Ltru] Re: Scottish English (was: LANGUAGE SUBTAG REGISTRATION FORM)

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Thu Aug 23 00:11:30 CEST 2007

At 14:55 -0700 2007-08-22, Mark Davis wrote:
>Here is a quick overview.
>
>+1 (or LGTM = "Looks good to me") means that the person is in
>agreement with the quoted email.
>0 means the person doesn't care either way (not typically seen,
>usually silence instead).
>-1 means that the person disagrees with the quoted email (ideally
>the person says why s/he disagrees).

Thanks. I knew what the notation meant. The problem is the referents.

I don't count things like this. I get hundreds of e-mails a day and I
don't want to have to re-read the quoted e-mail over and over.

It is more work for me to have to do that than it is for everyone
here to take the trouble to write an actual phrase explaining what it
is they agree with.

If you all want your opinions to register with me, you'll do that. +1
doesn't mean anything to me.

I tend to ignore the content of messages which say "+1". OK? Please
take my own limitations on board. If you want your voice to be heard,
please use real words.

Ta.