be-tarask

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Wed Apr 25 13:17:52 CEST 2007

At 13:03 +0300 2007-04-25, Yury Tarasievich wrote:

>>Buslakou, Juras; Viacorka, Vincuk; Sanko, Zmicier; Sauka, Zmicier.
>>Bielaruski klasycny pravapis. Vilnia-Miensk, 2005.
>
>Now, just couple this with the English translation of the title
>("Belarusian classical orthography"), end of problem.

I do not think this is wise; I think it is controversial. I propose:

===
    Type: variant
    Subtag: tarask
    Prefix: be
    Comments: The subtag represents Branislau Taraskievic's Belarusian
orthography as published in "Bielaruski klasycny pravapis" by Juras
Buslakou, Vincuk Viacorka, Zmicier Sanko, and Zmicier Sauka
(Vilnia-Miensk 2005).
===

I think this reflects consensus if not unanimity. I am not disposed
to dragging this out longer.