be-tarask

Jaska Zedlik sub at zedlik.com
Mon Apr 23 13:09:47 CEST 2007

>> YT> However, I object to retaining the opinionating description
>> YT> ("classic") in the technical document.
>>
>> This is not an opinionating description. This is the title given by
>> the book mentioned in references in the form.

>> Besides this, this is the title the majority of the users of the
>> orthography want to be used.

YT> Obviously, the 'title of the book' or 'wish of the users' do not make
YT> the *term* any less 'unilaterally opinionating' and so, unsuitable.

Obviously makes. There is not a 'title of the book'. There is a book
describing the orthography. There is a title given to the orthography
in this book. The orthography to be registered is based on this book
and the book is mentioned in the references. There are people who use
this orthography and want it to be called the classical Belarusian
orthography. And this title is not offensive to anybody.

Jaska Zedlik