"mis" update review request

Frank Ellermann nobody at xyzzy.claranet.de
Wed Apr 18 20:49:09 CEST 2007

Peter Constable wrote:

>> If ISO 639 sticks to "mis" as "not in any other collection"

> I do not expect the intensional semantics of mis will be
> changing in ISO 639.

Good to know.  Somebody argued that if they change "other" to
"any" for all collections (excl. "mis"), then they might as
well also change it for "mis" and be done with it, resulting
in "mis" meaning "any language".

If you don't expect this to happen adding John's explanation
what "mis" actually means today as comment to the registry
will help to avoid further "mis-interpretations" by taggers.

Frank