"mis" update review request

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Sat Apr 14 12:48:55 CEST 2007

At 23:42 -0700 2007-04-13, Doug Ewell wrote:

>I suspect this whole debate over "mis" is more of a
>thought-experiment, based on what might happen when those who treat
>"mis" liberally clash with those who treat it conservatively, rather
>than developing out of any real conflict in usage.  I don't plan to
>worry about it much.  We have enough difficulty ironing out the
>real-world cases.

I rather agree. This "mis" discussion makes my eyes glaze over as it
is not tied to language, but to some categories in the 639 standards.
But as I have said I would like John Cowan to summarize the state of
consensus on this one in a fortnight. I'm preparing for the WG2
meeting in Frankfurt and am content to let you duke this one out on
your own.