be-tarask voting results

Debbie Garside debbie at ictmarketing.co.uk
Thu Apr 12 14:07:12 CEST 2007

 Frank wrote:

> Sure.  I'd oppose the registration of "classic" for various
> reasons related to "generic" variants:  Folks could try to
> use it anywhere, not only with the registered prefix "be".

I agree.  This has been debated before and I thought we agreed that whilst
generic tags could be quite useful in principle (I seem to remember thinking
Marks ideas for generic Eastern and Western were an ingenious use of the RFC
rules), the scope for misuse is vast which is why we decided against.

Debbie Garside
www.geolang.com