Last call: 1926baku

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Wed Apr 4 18:48:23 CEST 2007

Concise comments please. Personally I think the comments field is WAY
too long and should be edited. It is too encyclopaedic. On the other
hand we could leave it alone and get this registered.

LANGUAGE SUBTAG MODIFICATION
File-Date: 2007-04-04
%%
Type: variant
Subtag: 1926baku
   Turkic Latin Alphabet used in the Soviet Union (1930s)
Added: 2007-04-04
Prefix: az
Prefix: ba
Prefix: crh
Prefix: kk
Prefix: krc
Prefix: ky
Prefix: sah
Prefix: tk
Prefix: tt
Prefix: uz
Comments: Popularized and widely used in the Soviet Union in the 1930s
   among Turkic languages as part of USSR-wide policy of introducing
   Latin-based alphabets in Turkic regions, on the basis of representing
   equivalent phonemes in a unified fashion. Other names: (a) New (as of
   1930s) Turkic Alphabet; (b) Birlәşdirilmiş Jeni
   (1930larda) Türk Әlifbasь (Unified New (as of 1930s)
   Turk(ic) Alphabet); (c) Unified Turkic Latin Alphabet; (d)
   Jaŋalif (in Qazan Tatar: abbreviation of "New Alphabet").
   Mainly meant to be used in historical, and academic discourse, and
   possibly graphics-based republications of 1930s publications.
%%