Korean (and Japanese)

Mark Davis mark.davis at icu-project.org
Fri Sep 29 17:17:30 CEST 2006

A more realistic (but still, of course, somewhat contrived) example would
be:

"He didn't do it for her beer, he did it for her sake."

It could be interpreted in two ways, depending on whether "sake" was read as
/sek/ or as /sake/. But, of course, the same thing could happen with two
native English words that happen to have different pronunciations, where
language tags wouldn't help to disambiguate.

And when push comes to shove, only in extremely rare instances will people
tag language on a very fine grained level. Frankly, at Google we end up
having to basically disregard language tagging of web pages because it is
so, so often wrong.

Mark