[Ltru] Suppress-Script batch 1

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Wed Sep 27 20:36:58 CEST 2006

(followups redirected to ietf-lang)

Addison Phillips scripsit:

> Furthermore, the possibility of abuse is clearly present. I see 'tt' on
> the list below, despite someone's vehement belief that Tatar speakers
> wish to write using the Latin script and are being suppressed.
> Suppress-Script would aid that, if that case turns out to be true.

Thanks.  Off the list it goes.  Note, however, that the presence of 'Cyrl'
as a Suppress-Script for tt would *not* mean that there was anything
invalid about "tt-Latn", merely that "tt" by itself would imply "tt-Cyrl".

> We would be far better off, in my opinion,

As Doug said, too late now.  In addition, that would require
registration every time someone found a document in a novel script.
With Suppress-Script, the job only has to be done once and for all.

John Cowan                              cowan at ccil.org
            http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
Humpty Dump Dublin squeaks through his norse
                Humpty Dump Dublin hath a horrible vorse
But for all his kinks English / And his irismanx brogues
                Humpty Dump Dublin's grandada of all rogues.  --Cousin James