REQUEST for registration of variant subtag 'grabar'

Doug Ewell dewell at adelphia.net
Mon Sep 25 16:10:25 CEST 2006

The request below was submitted on September 8 and has completed its
2-week review period.  So far, there has been only one comment; Peter
said that Classical Armenian was sufficiently different from modern
Armenian that it should be proposed to ISO 639 RA/JAC as a language code
element, not to ietf-languages as a variant subtag.

Does anyone else have any comment?  Michael is in Tokyo at the WG2
meeting and his e-mail availability is spotty, though I suspect he'll
respond at some point.

--
Doug Ewell
Fullerton, California, USA