LANGUAGE SUBTAG REGISTRATION FORM: Eastern Armenian

Frank Ellermann nobody at xyzzy.claranet.de
Fri Sep 1 14:48:34 CEST 2006

Don Osborn wrote:

> 1) If the subtags are specific to the Armenian language, why
> are they in English?

It's required to be 5..8 ASCII letters or digits (or 4 if it
starts with a digit).  One transliteration (I hope that's the
correct term, please correct me) of the Armenian word for
"western" has 10 characters including an apostrophe.  The
word for "west" would fit.  I forgot the details for "eastern".
IMHO these two variant subtags should be consistent.

Frank