"Century" variants (was: Re: What to do with Gaulish ?)

Gerard Meijssen gerardm at wiktionaryz.org
Tue Nov 21 15:40:29 CET 2006

Hoi,
What we discuss is what language something is. A reworked version of
Voltaire or Rouseau is not the work the man wrote, it is modern French.
What a tag should indicate is the language used and not what is being
said or who it is attributed to. I do think the IETF is involved in
describing what a particular content technically is.

An adaptation is as different from the original as a translation would
be, it is derived from a different era, in many ways a different culture.

Thanks,
   Gerard