[iso15924-jac] Re: Phonetic orthographies

Marion Gunn mgunn at egt.ie
Tue Nov 21 12:39:35 CET 2006

On 21 Nov 2006, at 01:50, scríobh Kenneth Whistler:

> ... in my opinion
> the right way to handle this is to first *formally* extend the
> scope of 15924...

I hardly think that necessary, but if that's that what it takes, fine.

> And IPA is not a variant script. It is not comparable to Latf and
> Latg.

I believe that it is. We need both Latg and IPA, for example.

> It is a circumscribed, technical use of Latn. "cat" is English.
> "[cat]" is IPA. Tell me the script difference, except in function...

You choose an example lacking non-Latin (Greek) letters. Why?

mg

- -
Marion Gunn * EGTeo (Estab.1991)
27 Páirc an Fhéithlinn, Baile an