Phonetic orthographies

Gerard Meijssen gerardm at wiktionaryz.org
Sat Nov 11 08:02:29 CET 2006

Hoi,
Actually, zh is only to be used within the confines of ISO-639-1 and
ISO-639-2. The new standard has zh and consequently zho marked as a
macro language. Making assumptions on the basis of the zh code is only
useful for the hopefully short period until the use of zh is only to be
used for historical reasons.

Consequently using zh as an example for other use is not a great idea.

Thanks,
     GerardM