LANGUAGE SUBTAG MODIFICATION - GB

Debbie Garside debbie at ictmarketing.co.uk
Fri Mar 31 17:26:26 CEST 2006

I just think that as ISO have taken out the reference to the Channel Islands
and Isle of Man previously being incorporated within the code GB it would be
a good idea to at least draw users attention to the fact that there are now
3 other codes in the registry.

Just imagine you were lucky enough to be in the Bahamas for 6 weeks and had
missed the excitement of these 3 codes being added ;-)

To be honest, I don't like the fact that all record of the Channel Islands
and Isle of Man being coded under GB prior to the new codes being added has
now been deleted.  I don't think it is good practice.

Debbie Garside