[Suppress-Script] Initial list of 300 languages

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Thu Mar 16 13:46:40 CET 2006

Peter Constable scripsit:

> So, there will simply be scenarios in which content will not print with
> appropriate font choices. There is nothing we can do about the reality
> that there will be content tagged "fil" or "az-Arab".

Alternatively, IPP clients will have to be aware of the larger world of
RFC 3066 and RFC 3066bis language tags, and dumb them down as best it can.
In any case, there's clearly no *formal* problem here, since there's
no implementation of RFC 1766, much less 3066.

John Cowan  www.ccil.org/~cowan  www.ap.org  cowan at ccil.org
All "isms" should be "wasms".   --Abbie