[Suppress-Script] Initial list of 300 languages

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Tue Mar 14 15:15:59 CET 2006

Peter Constable scripsit:

> As much as the discussion of manuscripts and the meaning of "Latg" may
> be interesting, haven't we lost sight of what's actually needed? Isn't
> it the case that we only need a suppress-script tag for something
> like sga if that lang ID has been commonly used with a country ID --
> e.g. sga-IE? Somehow I think that's not the case for sga or mga.

I think so too.  But unfortunately, absence of evidence is not evidence of
absence, and -- given the grave consequences of being wrong -- I think we have
to assume that if a possibility exists it has been used.

--
John Cowan  cowan at ccil.org  www.ap.org  www.ccil.org/~cowan
The known is finite, the unknown infinite; intellectually we stand