Language subtag modification request: frr Suppres-Script Latn

Kent Karlsson kentk at cs.chalmers.se
Sat Mar 11 19:20:23 CET 2006

Doug Ewell wrote:
> I hadn't thought of that.  Does anyone else agree that when a
> change in
> the Description field is made, based on a change in the corresponding
> ISO standard, it would be useful to add a Comments field
> indicating the
> previous name?  Would this help users?  Comments invited.

Yes in this case, as this actually changes (slightly) the meaning of "fy".
If it were just (say) a spell correction, there might not be a reason to
formally register a comment about that.

Further, in this case I would guess that one wanted to avoid the
"no-nb-nn" problem yet again. Speaking of which, some kind of
resolution on the use of (older) "no" vs. (newer) "nb" and "nn" should
be made for the language subtag registry.

	/kent k