Language subtag modification request: frr Suppres-Script Latn

Doug Ewell dewell at adelphia.net
Sat Mar 11 19:01:56 CET 2006

Frank Ellermann <nobody at xyzzy dot claranet dot de> wrote:

> Missing the opportunity to add a comment to "fy" that this
> was formerly known as "Frisian"...  sigh, that's too late
> now, sorry.  But it's a god example why adding additional
> info to the raw input data can make sense, modifying it
> later in a second step would be unnecessary bureaucracy -
> I certainly won't request an appropriate comment for "fy".

I hadn't thought of that.  Does anyone else agree that when a change in
the Description field is made, based on a change in the corresponding
ISO standard, it would be useful to add a Comments field indicating the
previous name?  Would this help users?  Comments invited.

This would, indeed, reintroduce the concept of a review period for
ISO-based additions and changes, though only on that question -- the
question of whether to add or change the subtag at all would still not
be open.

--
Doug Ewell
Fullerton, California, USA