[Suppress-Script] Initial list of 300 languages

David Starner prosfilaes at gmail.com
Sat Mar 11 03:33:14 CET 2006

On 3/10/06, David Starner <prosfilaes at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 3/10/06, John Cowan <cowan at ccil.org> wrote:
> > > chr Cherokee
> >         Cher
>
> From what I understand, possibly the majority of modern Cherokee
> writing is in Latin script.

I think I may have been overly assertive here. I know that the Bible
in Cherokee is normally printed in Cher. I know that in Oklahoma, I've
seen Cher used on t-shirts and license plates, but arguably
decoratively. I know the North Carolina Cherokee use Cher primarily as
decoration and that many can only read and write Cherokee in the Latin
script; Cher is considered too hard to learn. I know that John
Kilpatrick's scholarly works were published in Latin transcription
(not transliteration.) I don't know what other books are published in,
nor what the Cherokee Nation uses.