Language subtag modification request: frr Suppres-Script Latn

Frank Ellermann nobody at xyzzy.claranet.de
Sat Mar 11 03:15:56 CET 2006

Mark Davis wrote:

> It isn't really a critical matter at all.

IBTD.  Existing fy-DE or fy-DK kludges could be migrated to
frr (one hopes), frr-DE, frr-DK, frr-Latn-DE, or frr-Latn-DK.

The Latn versions could cause trouble for legacy applications.
So the best time to prevent this is now.

> if I know enough about frr to be using the tag, I'm not
> going to be adding a Latn subtag on it.

Webmasters updating fy-De (or similar) tagged content do not
necessarily know what frr is.  Of course adding Suppress-Script
Latn to fy is more critical, but my evidence covers only frr.

                   Lever dod as slav, Frank