Language subtag modification request: frr Suppres-Script Latn

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Fri Mar 10 09:03:16 CET 2006

At 16:12 -0800 2006-03-09, Mark Davis wrote:
>Michael, if you are going to be the reviewer, you need to take the
>time to be familiar with:
>
>3066bis (most readable version at
>http://inter-locale.com/ID/draft-ietf-ltru-registry-14.html)

I've tried to read it. It's not very readable; it's certainly not
very easy to follow. It's clear that it's been written by programmers
for programmers. (I have -- a number of times -- given the same
criticism to you about the CLDR, where text and accessibility has a
user-friendliness quotient that is really rather low.)

I'm in this job because I know about languages and because people
have found that to be useful. I'm going to ask questions and ask for
clarifications while this gets implemented and I'm not going to
apologize for asking them. Doug in particular has been very helpful
to me.