Delay in registering new ISO-based subtags

Doug Ewell dewell at adelphia.net
Sun Mar 5 19:24:09 CET 2006

Scott Hollenbeck <sah at 428cobrajet dot net> wrote:

> Once the IESG approves a document for publication as a BCP it is "in
> force".

and:

> Michael Everson remains the reviewer until he resigns or the IESG
> appoints someone else to the role.  Neither has happened, so he is
> still the IESG-appointed reviewer.

I consider these responses sufficient for addressing my questions about
registering the seven subtags.  Questions about moderation, delegation,
and conformance to "3066 or its successors" or "BCP 47" are important in
their own right, but not for this discussion.  (Thank you, Scott.)

I think I've adequately shown the remaining workload on the Reviewer to
be minimal, and the procedure to be straightforward.  The Reviewer is
now available (though I'm sure not idle), and has stated that there are
no other reasons for the delay.

I am formally requesting that these seven registrations be submitted to
IANA with no further delay.  I will submit them myself per Sections 3.3
and 3.5 if this has not taken place by Tuesday, March 21.

--
Doug Ewell
Fullerton, California, USA