Registration forms for description changes

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Sun Jun 11 23:24:40 CEST 2006

Keld J?rn Simonsen scripsit:

> Hmm, why is this entry still there? "nb" is now an approved ISO 639-2
> code, and I think we could remove it from the IANA regitry.
> This also gose for the "nn" code.

The Language Subtag Registry, unlike its predecessor, registers subtags
rather than whole tags (though the whole tags of the predecessor registry
are preserved as well).  It includes, therefore, all the code elements
of ISO 3166-1, ISO 15924, and ISO 639-1, plus the code elements of ISO
639-2 that do not have 639-1 equivalents.

It will also include all new code elements issued by the related
RAs and MAs, with the exception of those (if any) which reuse former
code elements in a new significance.

John Cowan        http://ccil.org/~cowan   cowan at ccil.org
Lope de Vega: "It wonders me I can speak at all.  Some caitiff rogue did
rudely yerk me on the knob, wherefrom my wits still wander."
An Englishman: "Ay, a filchman to the nab betimes 'll leave a man
crank for a spell." --Harry Turtledove, Ruled Britannia