Registration forms for description changes

Doug Ewell dewell at adelphia.net
Sun Jun 11 07:52:35 CEST 2006

Here is the relevant material from 28 proposed registration forms which
would implement the changes to Description fields that I described in an
earlier post:

http://www.alvestrand.no/pipermail/ietf-languages/2006-June/004580.html

The Language Subtag Registration Form is shown in Section 3.5 (Figure 5)
of RFC 3066bis.  We haven't seen much of this form yet because most of
the changes to the Registry so far have been automatic -- triggered by
changes to an ISO standard -- and use the Figure 4 form instead.  The
listings shown below are only for Section 3, the interesting part.  In
the real forms, Sections 1 and 2 would be the same for each form, and
Sections 4 through 6 would be blank.

All Description fields below are marked [ADD], [RETAIN], or [DELETE] as
appropriate.  I can't find a section in RFC 3066bis that states exactly
how this is to be specified in the registration form, though I'm sure
it's in there somewhere.

Type: language
Subtag: nb
Suppress-Script: Latn