ISO 639 - New item approved - N'Ko

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Fri Jun 9 06:49:23 CEST 2006

Doug Ewell scripsit:

> >Gwich'in should be changed to Gwichʼin, surely.
>
> Then this should be discussed here.  Please, list members, if you have
> a view on this, speak up within the next two weeks.

I agree with Michael.  This is an apostrophe letter, and "ch'" is a
trigraph for the Gwich'in ejective palato-alveolar stop.

> We should focus here on Richard's suggestion to have two Descriptions,
> one with the straight apostrophe and one with the curly one.  I don't
> agree and apparently Michael doesn't either.  Do we need to restart
> the two-week review period?

I'd say no, and two versions are not necessary.

--
And it was said that ever after, if any                 John Cowan
man looked in that Stone, unless he had a               cowan at ccil.org
great strength of will to turn it to other
http://ccil.org/~cowan
purpose, he saw only two aged hands withering
in flame.   --"The Pyre of Denethor"