ISO 639 - New item approved - N'Ko

Addison Phillips addison at yahoo-inc.com
Thu Jun 8 16:32:17 CEST 2006

> > Gwich'in should be changed to Gwichʼin, surely.
>
> Then this should be discussed here.  Please, list members, if
> you have a
> view on this, speak up within the next two weeks.

No, darn it--use the process. If you think this in error, fill in a registration form and submit it. Then we have a two week clock to debate its approval. The Description field's only stability guarantee is that the meaning won't change (Section 3.4, item 2). Fixing the punctuation certainly would not violate that.

I agree with Richard that we should have both U+0027 and U+2019 and, if I had to choose just one for the registry, which I don't, would pick U+0027.

Addison

Addison Phillips
Internationalization Architect - Yahoo! Inc.

It is not a feature.