Language Subtag Registration Form: variant "signed"

Randy Presuhn randy_presuhn at mindspring.com
Tue Feb 28 21:16:58 CET 2006

Hi -

This thread has gone from the discussion of a specific registration
request to a much broader discussion of the tagging of sign(ed)
languages in general.  As such, I'd like to suggest the following:

    (1) the discussion of the general approach to the tagging of
         sign(ed) languages be moved to ltru at ietf.org
    (2) internet-drafts be written as needed
    (3) upon completion of the matching work, the ltru WG could,
         if (1) and (2) demonstrate that 3066bis needs augmentation
         for sign(ed) languages, make a request of the IESG to add
         such work to our deliverables, either as a separate item or
         in conjunction with an eventual 3066ter.

I emphasize that completion of the matching draft must remain our
top priority in ltru, and that work on extensions or explanations of
tagging of sign(ed) languages should not be allowed to become a
gating item for 3066bis.

Randy