Language Subtag Registration Form: variant "signed"

John Cowan cowan at ccil.org
Mon Feb 27 13:52:37 CET 2006

Michael Everson scripsit:

> I think they ought to have their own namespace (e.g., sgn-),
> not just be lumped in with 6000 other spoken languages.

That's suitable for RFC 3066ter, but not I think for 639-3, which is
based on a uniform 3-letter-tag namespace.

> Ethnologue taxonomy doesn't handle "signed spoken languages" well,

Or at all, AFAIK.

--
When I'm stuck in something boring              John Cowan
where reading would be impossible or            (who loves Asimov too)
rude, I often set up math problems for          cowan at ccil.org
myself and solve them as a way to pass          http://www.ccil.org/~cowan
the time.      --John Jenkins                   http://www.ap.org