Language Subtag Registration Form: variant "signed"

Doug Ewell dewell at adelphia.net
Sun Feb 26 04:04:38 CET 2006

John Cowan <cowan at ccil dot org> wrote:

> Before getting formal about it, I'd like to get other input.  To
> reiterate, this would look like sgn-US-s-en(-us), and would mean
> a signed variety of (American) English using the signs of American SL.

Remember to reread Section 3.7 of draft-registry.  It would be necessary
to establish a "maintaining or registering authority," complete with an
RFC and a discussion list much like this one.  Also, the RFC would
explicitly have to specify the "en" and "us" as well as any other
subtags appearing after the "s-"; it would not be acceptable to
grandfather all the existing subtags in.

I'll still help in this effort if you like, and if that is the way it is
decided we should go, but it's worth pointing out that the entry
requirements are high.

--
Doug Ewell
Fullerton, California, USA