Language Tag Reviewer

Michael Everson everson at evertype.com
Mon Feb 20 17:25:40 CET 2006

At 11:12 -0500 2006-02-20, Scott Hollenbeck wrote:

>This is the last I'm going to say on the matter since we clearly are
>approaching the IESG's responsibility of appointing a language tag reviewer
>from very different perspectives.

Well, there is appointing a language tag reviewer and appointing a
list moderator as far as I can see.

>Michael, my notes to you were intended to be EXACTLY the kind of "mention"
>that you describe above. For whatever reason, you have chosen to interpret
>them as some sort of surprise.

What I said was that if this kind of responsibility were to be put
upon the tag reviewer, someone should have asked the reviewer his
opinion when text dealing with that responsibility was being drafted.
You didn't do that. You came to me asking me that, since the draft
was approved, was I willing to be reviewer and moderator? That came
as a complete and unwelcome surprise, and I have given you both of my
answers.