Name changes in ISO 639-2

Doug Ewell dewell at adelphia.net
Fri Dec 15 15:19:34 CET 2006

I wrote:

> Code element: rm
> Was: Raeto-Romance
> Now: Romansch
>
> Delete "Raeto-Romance" or just add the new one?  (Note that the ISO
> 639-3 files spell this word "Romansh" without the C.)

So I wake up this morning, eight hours are writing that, and ISO
639-2/RA has changed the name *again*, this time spelling it "Romansh"
without the C, just like 639-3.  It was a quiet change; they didn't
update any of the dates on their Change page.  Good thing I use
WatchThatPage or I would never have known.

http://users.adelphia.net/~dewell/